Income Tax Return

I am a businessman. I have just started my business this year. I earned an income of around Rs. 2,30,000. I have no other income. But I am registered under GST and has been regularly filing GST returns. My query is do I have to mandatorily file income tax return as I am a businessman ? My total income is lower than exemption limit of Rs. 2,50,000.
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses whether a new businessman, earning Rs. 2,30,000 and registered under GST, must file an income tax return. Despite their income being below the basic exemption limit of Rs. 2,50,000 and no TDS being deducted, the consensus is that while not strictly mandatory in this specific scenario, filing is often recommended. The key takeaway is that GST registration and regular filings do not automatically trigger an income tax filing obligation if income is below the threshold.

Yes liable to file income tax return.
Why ?
When no TDS has been deducted and my income is lower than basic exemption limit.
It is recomandatory and not mandatory. You are not liable to file the return.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details