Income Tax on PF

Hello Everyone

I worked at a private university from April 2009 till July 2017. I would be withdrawing the amassed PF amount for the duration of my service soon. I want to know what kind of tax liability I will have. The amount in question is more than 50000. 

Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)

If you have completed 5 years of continuous service, your withdrawal is tax-free. If you have completed less than 5 years, your withdrawal is taxable and may be subject to TDS if the amount exceeds ₹50,000. Always check if you are eligible for an exemption or if you can transfer your balance to avoid tax.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details