Easy Office
LCI Learning

importing data into tally

Page no : 2
(Guest)
please tell me how do you import data from other sources into tally software?also tell the Software name

sanjeev (service) (21 Points)
Replied 27 February 2008

please tell me how do you import data from other sources into tally software?also tell the Software name

(Guest)

Visit the site    rtslink.blogspot.com

Sunil Dhiwa (Freelance for Tally & Accounts)   (103 Points)
Replied 21 March 2008

Dear All

There is customise software is there for data importing from other software

Regard's

Sunil Dhiwa

subramanya (Professional) (907 Points)
Replied 09 April 2008

Yes, it is possible to import data to Tally using XML/SDF format

Tally has its own XML/SDF format. It is possible to import data from other softwares to Tally. The XML/SDF format should match with Tally's format. Then only Tally will allow to import the data.

subramanya

(Guest)

I have used a free program called Data Load Classic to import data into Tally. The program essentially sends data into Tally as key strokes. I have found this to be effective and trouble free.

(Guest)

hi Isaac,

how do you manage to do that?  can you please tell me?  I am right now writing a vb prog to export from xls to xml and import into tally.  thanx

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" please tell me how do you import data from other sources into tally software?also tell the Software name "

(Guest)
Originally posted by :pRaSoOn
" Ok....i'll tell you but not on yahoo....take the pain to read it fm here only.... "

shailesh (Business) (24 Points)
Replied 11 February 2009

i will import your data into tally absolutely free. u need to send me the data at shailesh @ avionindia.com . check www.avionindia.com

Sajid (Accounts Manager) (20 Points)
Replied 18 August 2009

Tally allows users to Import data from other software's as well as Export data from Tally to other software's. Tally allows users to Import and Export in ASCII, SDF and XML formats. XML is now the most widely used format of exporting data in the world. Any transactions can be exported from Tally and imported in other software after suitably altering the current structures to accept Tally data structure. The reverse is also possible by writing a small TDL program to accept the data from other software's. The data that is to be imported into Tally can be in either XML or DBF format. Easy Tally data transfer or Tally data migration from Tally 4.5 & Tally 5.4 to Tally 6.3 , Tally 7.2 , etc.

ODBC COMPLIANCE ALLOWS OTHER PROGRAMS TO USE DATA FROM TALLY DIRECTLY. E.G. : MS-EXCEL :
ODBC - OPEN DATABASE CONNECTIVITY

Tally is now ODBC compliant. Hence, any program like MS-Excel, Oracle etc that is ODBC compliant can use data from Tally. Here, data connectivity is dynamic i.e. any new updation in Tally is reflected in other ODBC Compliant Software immediately. Now, with ODBC facility the user can extract data out of Tally and design his own report formats in other ODBC compliant software's.

Procedure :

Now, Load Company -> specify period -> minimize Tally -> Open a new Excel file -> select data -> select 'Get External Data' -> select New database query -> choose Data Source

Tally connects to data source and displays Tally Wizard query screen -> select the columns you would want to include in the query.

Once all the columns are selected, the user returns to excel and excel displays all the columns selected

-> Now, select the second worksheet and design reports as per requirements

Devraj (Accountant) (23 Points)
Replied 31 December 2010

Dear Issac Bro,

Happy New Year 2011

Please provide detail for Import data in Tally using Data Load Classic.

my email id : khan_idreesh @ rediffmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: