ICSI Procedure for inspection or certified copies of CS Answer Books
Dear CS Aspirants,
Result of Company Secretary Examination June 2014 will be declared in less than 2 weeks’ time i.e. on August 25, 2014. I am very hopeful that most of the students will get positive result. Still there will be few unsuccessful students. Those unsuccessful students may opt for the Inspection of their answer sheet to ensure that there is no mistake regarding totaling of their answer sheet or some part of the answers are not evaluated by the examiner or marks awarded have not been carried forward to the cover page. Accordingly students of CSFoundation, CS Executive or CS professional (Final) can apply for Inspection or verification of their answer books.
Through this brief write up an attempt has been made to share the process/procedure for inspection of Answer Sheet or how to get certified copies of evaluated answer sheets. Procedure for verification/revaluation of answer sheet for CS Students will be discussed in my next article.
INSPECTION OR GETTING CERTIFIED COPIES OF ANSWER SHEETS
In case a candidate wants to inspect his Answer Sheet or want certified copies of evaluated answer sheets, the option has also been introduced for the benefit of the CS Aspirants. This facility was introduced by ICSI with effect from June2013attempt.
Five years back on August 09, 2014, Supreme Court of India has delivered a Judgement in favour of CA Students whereby SC allowed students to file application under RTI for Disclosure of their Answer Sheets. After that SC judgement, ICAI launched a process whereby inspection of answer sheet was allowed to students who had filed an RTI. The decision of ICSI to allow inspection of answer sheet is an after effect of the decision of Supreme Court and ICAI.
Under the current scheme ICSI has permitted 2 rights to students regarding Answer Sheets of CS Foundation, CS Executive or CS professional (Final). Please find below the details of such options:
- Inspection of Answer Sheet:Inspection of Answer Sheetis now allowed by ICSI after following the prescribed procedure. For this Student will have to go to the ICSI Noida Office at such date and time as communicated by ICSI. As per ICSI guidelines inspection of Answer Sheets would make available to student within a period of 6-7 weeks from the date of receipt of Application for inspection.
- Certified Copies of Answer Sheet:In second option a student can demand certified copies of his/her answer sheet by following the prescribed procedure. Under this process ICSI will share the scan copy of answer sheet online.
PROCEDURE FOR INSPECTION OF ANSWER SHEETS
If a student is unsatisfied with the marks allotted in CS Foundation, CS Executive or CS professional (Final) exam, then he/she can apply to ICSI for Inspection of answer sheets. ICSI has issued detailed guidelines, rules and procedures for providing inspection of answer booksas modified by the Examination Committee of the Council at its 148th Meeting held on 14th August, 2013.
These guidelines, rules and procedures for providing inspection of answer books of students will be applicable beginning from June 2013 session of examinations onwards. Under these guidelines, a student can seek inspection and/or supply of certified copy (ies) of his/her evaluated answer book(s).
Relevant procedure for Inspection of Answer book or obtaining certified copies of answer book is given below:
- A student who wishes to inspect and/or obtain certified copies of his/her answer book(s) of any subject(s) of a particular examination shall apply on the prescribed Application form together with the following documents:
- requisite fee; and
- self-attested photocopy of his/her Admit Card (Roll No.) or Student Identity Card.
- Application for inspection of answer sheets or obtaining certified copies of answer booksshall reach to the Institute within 45 days from the date of declaration of the result.
Late submission not allowed: Kindly note there is no provision of late fees and applications would not be accepted after 30 days of declaration of result.
- Fee of Rs. 500 /- per subject/answer books payable for supply of certified copies of answer book(s) and Rs. 450/- per answer book for providing inspection thereof respectively. The fee shall be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of:
“The Institute of Company Secretaries of India”, payable at New Delhi.
- The envelope containing student’s Application Form, duly completed in all respect, together with the requisite fee and photocopies of the supporting documents, as mentioned above, shall be super scribed“Application for providingInspection of Answer Books” and sent at the address given below to:
The Joint Director (Exam)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
C-37, Institutional Area, Sector-62
Kindly note application form without requisite fee and supporting documents and complete particulars, as indicated above, shall not be entertained by the ICSI.
- Before providing inspection and/or supplying certified copies of answer books to a student on his/her request, if it is noticed that any sub-question/question of his/her answer book(s) has inadvertently remained unevaluated or there is some posting or totalling error, the Institute would rectify such omission and commission and communicate the revised marks/result to the student.
However, it may be noted that revaluation of answers is not permissible under Regulation 46(2).However, pursuant to suomotu verification carried out by the ICSI office, upon application for certified copies, marks awarded to the student got revised; student will not get any refund of the fee paid for getting certified copies.
FEW NOTABLE POINTS REGARDING INSPECTION OF ANSWER SHEETS
Regarding request for inspection of answer sheet, it is important to note that:
- The inspection done and/or certified copies of the answer books supplied to the student shall be for his/her exclusive self-inspection/ personal reference and guidance only.
- It is prerogative of ICSI to allow or disallow the inspection of answer sheet by students. ICSI can out rightly reject the application for inspection of answer sheet, if it has reason to believe that application for inspection has been made with a malicious intention to defame ICSI or its valuation system.
- As per the instruction of ICSI, Certified Copies so obtained by the students shall not be shared with print or electronic media as the same are made available only for academic purpose.
- Further certified Copies so obtained by the students shall not be used to dispute or challenge the quality of valuation system of Answer Sheets in any court of law.
- Inspection or certified copies of evaluated answer sheets would be provided to the examinee only and not to any other person.
- There is no online facility for submitting application for Inspection of Answer book or obtaining certified copies of answer book. Students have to apply offline as per the prescribed procedure.
- No other person except the student concerned would be allowed to inspect his/her answer book(s) on the designated date and time as communicated by the Institute. Similarly, on receipt of certified copy (ies) of the answer book(s), the applicant student shall be the sole custodian of it and he/she shall not part with the custody/possession of the same and shall not use the same for any other purpose(s).
- If any error is found at any point of time as provided in para 5 above, the Institute shall have suomotu power to rectify the same.
- Response to students' request regarding supply of Certified Copies of Answer sheets is normally sent within 2 month time through Speed Post after receipt of their application in the Institute. In the event of non-receipt of any response, students may contact ICSI - NOIDA Help Desk Tel.: 0120-4522027.
- In respect of application for seeking inspection of answer book(s), separate communication will be sent to the candidate concerned informing date and time to visit the ICSI - Noida office.
Important Note: Students should note that non-downloading of E-result-cum-marks statement; non-receipt/delayed receipt of result-cum-marks statement; response to queries relating to result, verification of marks, supply of certified copies of answer book, etc., will not be accepted as valid and sufficient reason for seeking any relaxation or not complying with the requirements of regulations and/or last dates for submission of enrollment applications for the next examinations. Therefore, the candidates in their own interest are advised to keep track of important announcements, last dates and observe the time schedule.
- Status of Application: The status of application will be updated on the website of the Institute from time to time. Candidate concerned can enquire about the status/outcome of his/her application by entering his/her Roll No. or Student Registration Number from the link given to this effect on the website. Therefore, the candidates are advised to keep track of ICSI notifications in this regard.
FAQS ON INSPECTION/CERTIFIED COPIES OF ANSWER SHEETS
For FAQs on inspection of answer sheets, Please refer to the link given below:
I sincerely believe that this article would be very useful for students looking for detailed understanding of procedure for inspection / certified copies of their evaluated answer sheets. Kindly share your opinion if you like this write up.