Icmai - de-novo or coaching re-validation

I tried to surf this forum a bit but I could not find an answer matching my query, so please excuse me if an answer does exist.

Query: I am a CMA Final student, I have not appeared in CMA exam in last 2 exams..I intended to give exam in December 2014 but on inspecting my CC certificate today,I found that my CC certificate was valid only upto June 2014 exam. Also my registration is valid only upto December 2014. I have exemption in one group expiring next attempt.

Is there any course of action that I can take to appear in December 2014 exam, I also saw that last date for revalidation paper sending is 15th September which is tomorrow.

However, if there is no solution to above query, I would like to know if I can appear in June 2015 through denovo and would I be required than to obtain new CC or I would have to revalidate my old CC.

Any help or guidance will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance...

 

Replies (4)
You can appear in Dec 2014, revalidate your cc online. For Jun 2015, you need denovo and revalidation of cc.
Originally posted by : Mahesh
You can appear in Dec 2014, revalidate your cc online. For Jun 2015, you need denovo and revalidation of cc.

Thanks for the response but even if I make a payment for revalidation, don't you feel that without sending test papers this revalidation will be futile.

Go through the procedure, there's an attachment tab where you can attach your answers.
Originally posted by : Mahesh
Go through the procedure, there's an attachment tab where you can attach your answers.

Thanks once again for quality response.

However, it came to my notice that notification issued on 25th May 2012 omiited the condition about holding a valid CC.

i.e. Regulation 8 in notification dated 25/05/2012 omitted regulation 30(2) clause (a) in earlier notification dated 17/11/2008(presumed).

What is your opinion on this..Is revalidation still required.

Regards.

https://icmai.in/upload/Institute/Institute_Act_and_Rules/Gazette17112009.pdf

https://icmai.in/upload/Institute/Institute_Act_and_Rules/Gazette25052012.pdf

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details