I wanna give upsc, don't wanna mugup anymore like in ca

Arpit (CA Final) (150 Points)

08 May 2015  

Friends, I am appearing for finals group 2 from 11th May. I have prepared a lot and will definitely become a CA this time. My first attempt was Nov 2014, I managed to pass in group 1 only that time, thanks to ISCA.

I am already bored, exhausted, peeved of mugging up, it's not my cup of coffee. I can manage anything which involves logic and thinking ability. But my brain stops working as soon as I try memorizing something VAGUE and uninteresting. For the record, I am from sceince background, so never mugged up anything in my life before CA, except social science in class 10th.

Does anyone know about the syllabus of UPSC exams w.r.t. mugged up knowledge. I can get it online, but I would have to study a lot of past question papers to decide whether it requires MEMORIZED knowledge or not. I am sure many of the students and experts here have got a clear understanding about it.

I would go for the UPSC exam ONLY IF it involves 1 or 2 such subjects in the entire syllabus. I have seen the optional question paper of "commerce and accountancy", it wasn't that hard for a CA to answer all the questions. Maybe checking/marking is TOO HARD?

P.S. I have also heard of CSAT, and how the (mugging champion) students protested it last year in Delhi. It seems to me that CSAT is IQ & logic based, I am looking forward to it. What is this CSAT, and how much weightage does it have?