I t return

Till last year I am filing IT return which includes my salary & FD interst income of my wife as a clubbing of income.

Now she has School job  & so she has got FORM 16. so as per TDS report on 26 AS,on line  data showing interest income of FD & salary income.

My query is

1.should I continue to show her FD income in my return?

2. or filing  her sepeate return as per TDS 26AS data?

Pl reply

Replies (6)

Dear Shailesh,

Since your spouse getting seperate Form 16.

I suggest you both fille your income returns induvidually.

because threshold limit for the FY12-13 is Rs.2L for both Male & Female

Thanx

File your  IT Return seperately.

file ur IT return separately bcz ur wife earn school income from her talent. 

Which means I donot consider her FD interest  in my Return & to consider it  in her return with her salary income.

 

Dear Shailesh,

Please Note,

if FD is in her name please add the interest amount in your spouse and file the return

if FD is in your name please add the interest amount in your name and file the return.

because last year 

threshold limit for both male & female is 2L.

I hope, you will clear this time.

 

Since FD ison her name, now it is clear.....

Thanks.... Rajesh

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details