Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Smitha S   05 August 2021

I have two PAN cards

I have two PAN cards. I had lost one card...but instead of getting duplicate card my daughter got me a new card.This happened more than 5 years ago. These cards have been submitted in two different banks where I am drawing self pension and family pension. From this year the pension income comes under tax bracket. Both pension income. Tax under two different PAN. what should I do?

 4 Replies

sabyasachi mukherjee

sabyasachi mukherjee   05 August 2021

An individual assesse cannot hv two pan cards.
In extreme circumstances in case of a business.
The business will have.
Samantha J

Samantha J   05 August 2021

Meet your AO and get one PAN cancelled deactivated.
sabyasachi mukherjee

sabyasachi mukherjee   05 August 2021

No need to go to AO
aditya sood

aditya sood (practice as advocate)     05 August 2021

You have to surrender one pan card. you can write a application in simple language to your jurisdictional income tax assessing authority regarding the surrender/cancel of one pan card no and also enclosed the original pan card with the application. moreover income tax office may direct or impose a penalty of Rs 10000/- for issuance of two pan card no. Futher more you need to change the documents with the district treasury officer who disbursed the family pension and for this financial year you have to club up the self pension along with family pension only in one pan no and the same will be taxable/assessed only in one pan card.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags