Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Go green (ICAI)     18 February 2014

I failed in my exams. depressed

im a ca final student. i gave my first attempt in nov 2013. but i failed 

dis is the first failure of my life. i cleared my ipcc and in first attempt. but dis failure in final is making me very depressed. plz help how can i come out of my depression. 

24 Replies

CA. Kuldeep Singhi

CA. Kuldeep Singhi (Entrepreneur)     18 February 2014

Bro same here me got 376 clrd 7 sub. & first time failure in my life. My parents, relatives & friends & even myself was expecting that will clear easily but you know sometimes things just don't happen as u have always wanted . So, chill down & remember if u will keep thinking continuosly about this failure then probably it might deteriorate your next attempt also . So, rather than getting depressed learn from this failure & moveahead & remember not to repeat the mistakes which u hv done in this exams. May be not for yourself but your parents pride, their this long years devotion for you, expecting that my child will be a CA, for them remove your depression & this time put a challenge to CA institute that even if the result will be 1% , I will clear.

Hope it works as me myself doing the same.

Arvind Sharma

Arvind Sharma (CA Final)     18 February 2014

If fail in 10/th12th - Very Bad/Depression/Feeling Low/etc

If Fail in IIT/Jee - Bad/Depression etc

If Fail in IAS/RAS - Bad/etc

If Fail in CA - OK/Normal/Usual (You are with the majority)

GET READY AGAIN!!! 

Best Wishes and Cheers

CA ANKUSH AGGARWAL

CA ANKUSH AGGARWAL (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)     18 February 2014

I alos appeared in Ca final Nov 13 and was expecting to clear easily....but fell short of 5 Marks in First Group....Bt I m trying to take positives out of this..One difference between All those who have cleared and me is that I know what Failure taste like...they dont.....So in future when being successful really matter I can plan better than them....

CA Yashwant Bangani

CA Yashwant Bangani (Chartered Accountant & Company Secretary)     18 February 2014

CA is the only course I know where a failure is also in some way a matter of pride. Not many ppl reach final. You should be proud you reached this level in first attempts. Otherwise ppl either quit mid way or don't even join this course, as they are scared. It is absolutely acceptable that you feel depressed for a few days and relax your mind for a while. Take it in your stride and hit back even harder. Everyone says learn from your mistakes and correct it, but I'd just add that identify the potential mistakes you may end up doing in your next attempt, rectify them before hand and face your exams. I am sure you will be better equipped to handle the exams. All the best.
1 Like
Anuradha Nagarajan

Anuradha Nagarajan (C.A CPT)     18 February 2014

jus chill.. relax urself and fix the target.. work hard and pls always remembr the failure u faced.. so that u'll ve d spirit... u really gonna clr all the paper in th next atempt.. study wel:-) all the best.. chill out
anmol

anmol (Article)     18 February 2014

@ Go Green
Hey...i m sailing in the same boat bro...first ever failure...first attempt...got 381 (=187+194). Life seems upside down. I cud get motivated for some time but after dat i feel dat i have totally lost it. How much i think or crib about my efforts, but in the end, the truth ain't going away. I have to live with it. I m still trying to recover from my messed up mind.  I may not be the best person to advice u at this point of time, but yeah,i surely wont let this scar haunt me for the rest of my life. If I can't remove the scar, i can try to get it go unnoticed, just like a tattoo on the scar hides the scar. So, in crux, i wish to give my best shot ever, as good as to score a RANK....which can surely serve as a tattoo to my scar. 
At the end, i believe "what happens, happens for the best".In May14, the balls will surely be in our court. Good Luck!!

CA Vivek Bhanushali

CA Vivek Bhanushali (Chartered Accountant)     18 February 2014

Success is never denied....it is just delayed ....!!

(Guest)

@ Go Green
bro...I am a CA final student...I failed in class 11 commerce...all subjects except english...I cleared 12th with 68%...I became a commerce graduate...with 70%...and then I came to CA PEE II....cleared PEE II after 7 attempts...i didnt count my CA Final attempts...m working on my weak links...cheer up dear...rise..reload...aim..and fire....m heading towards my May 2014 attempt...U too blast the past...plan ur strategy for next attempt....and I would suggest...do watch BHAAG MILKHA BHAAG...if not yet seen.....if seen...do watch again...and whenever depression takes on U...just remember that scene where Milkha ran with a wounded soring foot....bandage flown away at last...and with that wounded foot he broke national record...U may also recall Arunima...National player who lost her feet in an accident....and then she scaled Mt. Everest....its all in mind bro...U can do it....U can be a ranker too...scale highest honour....stay positive...stay smiling...stay blessed....Chak de :)      

shefali ashok katkar

shefali ashok katkar (student)     18 February 2014

don't look back now gear up and start studing .I too was deepressed but that wont do anything 

only studies & hard work wil help u or else u have to face the same situation again 

so it is in your hands to create ur future

(Guest)

Am little glad to take note of ur condition.

Work hard....Start focussing on studies......Not on girlz......

ricky

ricky (CA)     18 February 2014

Have faith in your abilities..and be positive.Reprepare and try to find out your deficiencies.Think Positive dear.Take care

Ganeshbabu K

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory)     19 February 2014

No one can motivate u unless u motivate your self
UMA MAHESWARA RAO

UMA MAHESWARA RAO (Sr. Manager - Legal)     19 February 2014

Every failure there is success in life. Don't get depressed, it is part of life.

UMA

Ishika

Ishika (ca final)     19 February 2014

hello dear, No need to worry or get depressed...it is normal in exams and always remember "Jo bhi hta h acche k liye hta h" just forget and take the steps to failed the failure in your life....move on, Your future is spotless and today is the first day of the rest of your life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register