Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CA. Abhishek K. Pandey (Manager (Advance))     05 August 2010

I am trying so hard.....

PCC results are finally out. Hmmmmm........ and I haven't cleared it yet again. But, why? In my earlier attempt, I know that

some areas were need to be improved. But, this time? I don't know what to do? I mean, my preparation of audit, law and

Taxation was damn good. I was able to answer all questions from those model question papers, past year paers and ICAI's

supplementary books. Even, my examination of these subjects was very good. Actually, Iw as expecting a 60+ marks in Taxation.

But, whats my result? Its very bad, my !st group's total is short of 6 marks, in earlier attempt it was short of 9 marks.

But, why to look at those 6 marks, when I was expecting far better than those? Even, my Cost & FM preparation was quite good,

only I lack behind on revision, due to its vast syllabus.
ICAI says that their policy is to stop dummies and coachings. But, how they are doing it? I am a full time article and have

taken no coachings or anything. All my preparations are self. So, whats going on.
Now, I want you people to please advice me that what could be the possible reason of this failure, cause I am not seeing it.

I would like successfull students to please share their tips, like which books they refer? What was the answering pattern,

etc.? Or any other tips, yoiu would like to give.

8 Replies

sudarshan

sudarshan (CA)     05 August 2010

auditing: Be thorough with AS practical problems , guidance notes and no more direct questions in exam

costing: work out lot of small problems and increase speed.

law: read study material thoroughly and attempt lot of practical problems.

2 Like
CA. Abhishek K. Pandey

SUMIT MISHRA ACA, ACMA

SUMIT MISHRA ACA, ACMA (Executive)     05 August 2010

Hey abhishek u done not bad yaar but it was frustrating specially in this profession.

CA INSTITUTE HAS THEIR OWN POLICY OF PASSING % OF RESULT.

RESULT ARE NOT BASED ONLY ON STUDENT PERFORMANCE IN EXAM BUT ALSO HOW MUCH PASS % INSTITUTE WANT IN THAT PARTICULAR ATTEMPT AND THAT FACT.

WHAT YOU THINK IN EVERY ATTEMPT THE PASS % ARE SO LOW WHAT U THINK MORETHAN 90 % STUDENT FAILS IN EVERY ATTEMPT ARE THEY FOOL, THEY DONT STUDY I DONT THINK SO .

PASSES % BASED ON UR PERFORMANCE ALONG WITH LOT OF LUCK , LUCK FOR GETTING SELECTION IN THEIR FILTER. 

1 Like
SUMIT MISHRA ACA, ACMA

SUMIT MISHRA ACA, ACMA (Executive)     05 August 2010

BUT WE HAVE TO FINISHED THIS BY BECOMING THE CA.

I WILL SUGGEST YOU TO AMEND YOUR FORMAT OF ANSWERING THERETICAL PAPERS IF YOU WANT TO CONVEY WHAT YOU EXACTLY WANT TO SAY EASILY TO PAPER CHECKER.

I HOPE YOU HAVE INSTITUTE COMPILER ,I WANT TO YOU TO FOLLOW THE SAME WAY OF ANSWERING THE QUESTION.

IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER QUERRIES U MAY ASK AND I AM SURE THIS TIME YOU WILL DEFINITELY CLEAR TAHT FOR SURE BUDDY BYE

1 Like
CA. Abhishek K. Pandey

@ Sumit: Thanks buddy. I may need to do that.

Do you think handwriting can be a factor too?

Also, my friends are suggesting me to go for revaluation in group I. What do you think, should I go for a revaluation.

Praveen

Praveen (Senior Accountant)     06 August 2010

hi abhishek, go for revaluation of auditing and law, anything can happen,  but make sure that you prepare for both groups right from now and dont wait for revaluation result.. 

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta

CS LLB Pulkit Gupta (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-and-Promises/553962034682487)     06 August 2010

Professional Competence Examination Results

ROLL Number
51620  *Check Merit
Name
PULKIT GUPTA
Group I
Advanced Accounting
Auditing and Assurance
Law, Ethics and Communication
Total
Result
FAIL
Group II
Cost Accounting & Financial Management
Taxation
Information Technology and Strategic Management
Total
Result
FAIL
Grand Total

SHWETA GERA

SHWETA GERA (Financial Services)     06 August 2010

handwriting definitely fetch u xtra marks especially in theory subjects. In practical subject also, make proper fprmats and working notes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags