How to show my income as a student

Hi, I am a student currently persuing engineering. I wanted to earn something for myself so I started selling my classmates and to the adjacents class with notes, projects etc with the price of 2rs per page and I my self used to get that material printed at 50p per page. I also used to write projects myself for 10rs per page. I by this practice of mine have earned approx 1 lakh this year. And I want to file ITR in income tax for my above income. Which ITR I should file and how to show my above income in the said ITR. Please help me out.

Replies (5)
File ITR 1 and show this income under income from other sources under the head any other
Hello Sir, I will not get a notice saying that I have shown my income from salary as zero ? Also the money has to be there in my bank account to show it in ITR or it is not necessary ?
Originally posted by : Kapadia Pravin
File ITR 1 and show this income under income from other sources under the head any other

Hello Sir, I will not get a notice saying that I have shown my income from salary as zero ? Also the money has to be there in my bank account to show it in ITR or it is not necessary ? Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/how-to-show-my-income-as-a-student-526347.asp?offset=1
Don't worry much. Not necessary income reflecting in bank account. For filing return one bank is must.
First of all, if ur income is less than 2.5 lakhs there is no need to file ITR. If you still want to file then go ahead.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details