How to pay interest on tax

While e-filing income tax, I found that, I have to pay interest on tax. I paid it online but paid it in self assessment tax.

I receive notification under section 143 for due tax. I rectified my filed tax but they are not adding paid amount in tax and shows it as unmatched amount. I also receive notification under section 154.

 

Please suggest me, how I will file interest on tax or adjust my paid amount (paid as self assessment).

Please help.

Thanks

Replies (3)

Get Form-26AS for that Assessment year. Now Reconcile yourself the Tax Dues ( Tax + Interest ) based on your ITR / 143 / 154 with Form-26 AS Tax Paid ( TDS + Self Asst Tax).  Still any difference to Pay have to pay or any Refund then start correspondence with your assessing officer with the above proofs. Gud luck

I have to pay Interest on Tax. The amount is already calculated. But I do not know how to pay it online. While filing tax I made it in 'interest on self assessment' which was wrong.

 

Please give me the link and steps to file interest on tax to file it online. (I have SBI account)

https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp

Choose Form 280 .....Fill Correct PAN & Asst. Year ......Opt 300 Self Asst Tax

after filling all blanks..... then  Proceed... check your name correctly as per database...

then submit to bank..... in SBI........ there are columns for Tax, SC, EC,Interest, Penalty...

Fill your amount in Interest Blank.... Authorise to pay...you will get Receipt for Interest on TAX.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details