Easy Office
LCI Learning

How to pass law subject of IPCC in 1st atempt ?

Page no : 2

RAHULMEHTA (Article) (78 Points)
Replied 08 October 2012

Hi Prachi,

Yes, considering the unpredictable nature of ICAI exams, its better to prepare for case studies n practical problems. I'm studying everything in detail from Amit Karia's book. 70 odd case studies n practical problems are covered, in a simple n lucid language. More importantly, its less than 300 pages, which makes it more interesting n convenient. I suggest you should opt for the book.

1 Like

Jay (Student) (200 Points)
Replied 09 October 2012

Originally posted by : RAHULMEHTA

Amit Karia's book is the ultimate & d best...
Each & every concept n provision is covered in just about 290 pages, which makes it very easy to grasp n d examples are superb.

Best part is manner of answering is given especially Case Laws section - SUPERB

1 Like

Manish JM (Student) (39 Points)
Replied 12 October 2012

Hi All,

I'm referring to Amit Karia's book for LAW, It is too good.

Company Law Part is the best & also other case laws & practicals.

Its the best!

saiti (student) (76 Points)
Replied 03 September 2013

it is better to study ethics and communication first and later company law and b.law.for theory subjects it is better to study in morning times.20 days preparation for this subject is enough to get exemption.......have confidence and prepare well........ALL THE BESTsmiley............

Jay Metal (Student Others) (22 Points)
Replied 03 September 2013

Hello Everybody,

I never know how to create a brief conclusion of the pleasure I am sensation right now. I think it is difficult for me to reduce the tale of how the Law of Fascination assisted me. So, please absolve me if you get the tale too long! I am permanently pleased to every individual who has moved my lifestyle & modified it for the better!

Chartered Accounting (CA) examinations are the hardest examinations in Indian. And it needs a lot of strong research, exercise & modification. I was to take the 2nd stage (Inter) in May. And very genuinely, I was not at all serious & never analyzed much. I realized the section, but did not exercise for the advanced stage of expert evaluation. I had decided to do it again the evaluation in Nov (exams are performed twice a year). And even usually, I was a very negative individual and never used to appreciate or really like myself.

Rohan Deshmukh (Tax analyst) (638 Points)
Replied 29 February 2020

Not all the sections of Company act 2013 are applicable for CA IPCC law paper. For students registered in new scheme, sections from 1 to 148 are applicable where for the students registered in old scheme, sections from 1 to 122 (sections of dividend, accounts and audit are excluded in old scheme syllabus)( note that may 2020 is the last attempt for old scheme students) are only applicable.

Company law is very vast and contains lots of provisions which sometimes become difficult to cover for exams. Being a theory subject, if a student completes the applicable companies act then slowly slowly he/she starts to forget the provisions, time limit and monitory limits.

Talking about my experience, it took me 2 attempts to clear CA IPCC group 1 just because of law paper where I got only 37 marks in my first attempt but with a proper planning and studying I scored 59 marks in law in my second attempt and managed to pass the group. I was very much scared with theory paper because I tend to forget the provisions very easily and this affected my practical paper too. So following are some of the dos and don’ts for smartly studying law paper:

• Focus on the important topics and sections - start your preparation with the important chapters from where frequent questions are asked in exams like management and administration, share capital and debentures, audit and accounts
  • Revision – keep 2 days reserved for revision in a week because learning is of no use if you are forgetting the provision you have studied earlier.
  • Learning technique – I use to make pattern which help me in visualizing the provisions contained in a section. E.g. some of the condition to issue DVRs is to pass SR, authority in article and DVRs should be less than or equal to 10% of total post issued capital including DVRs already issue. For this I made a pattern of (O A 26).

It is okay if you forget the section numbers or monitory limits during your weekly revision but is you consistently keep on revising the sections then you’ll start visualizing the monitory limits, time limits and even the section number in your mind.

I believe that only knowledge is not enough to crack the Chartered Accountancy exam, expression of knowledge is equally important. The examiner will award the marks on the basis of how well you are able to present the answers. I personally feel that writing mock test papers is the best way to improve your presentation skills. But which test series to choose? I strongly recommend Prepca test series to each and every CA aspirant because their ADAR report and counselling session are just perfect. Counselling session helped me to solve my personal doubts. The are pretty sure about the success of the student that unfortunately if you are not able to clear the exam, they will refund the 100% money back.

All the best!

Feedback appreciated!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: