How to get better response for your queries

Mack... (N/A.) (175 Points)

24 July 2009  

Hi Everyone,

I want to point out certain hints that will help you get more precise, relevant and quality answers for the queries that you pose in our beloved forum. Not only will this elicit more responses but it will make people come out with  good quality answers to your doubts. First rule of the game: Never Hijack a thread: I have often seen people asking something totally unrelated as answer to a particular query. This does two things. One, the original thread starter will feel shortchanged and irritated, but secondly you yourself would not get proper answer. Always start your own thread when asking a query which is not currently being discussed. Second:Do not use SMS language: I am sure most of us get pissed off trying to figure out what in heavens is written in SMS jargon. Try to avoid'gud' 'hv' 'coz' etc, and more people will feel that you are asking the question in a serious tone. Third: Do a quick check using the search option: For all you know the question may have been asked and answered just the day before. Nobody will bother to answer your query, if it is the one which they read and answered just hours ago. Fourth: Use proper grammar and punctuations:In this busy world, few people take the time and trouble to understand a query which is not properly framed;Which brings me to the Fifth tip: Make it short , simple , and to the point. If you can ask the questions in a bullet format, it would be even better, as you yourself are very clear what you want to know. Sixth: Put the main things you want to get answered in the question. If it is something on say cost audit, mention that prominently; do not just put 'need help'.

All of us know these things, but do not follow it. If anyone has further suggestions, please do come out with it, so that the discussion will be of higher quality. 

Bye !