How to deal with isca... (ca final)

Page no : 3

akshita (ca final student) (121 Points)
Replied 31 January 2012

Thanx..... :)
its very helpful :)

Arun S (CA Final) (239 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

@ Sagar - I cleared group 2 this nov attempt. But failed in group 1 bcoz of SFM. If u have any tips/info on SFM kindly do share.!

ravi_ (article -bonded labour- trainee)   (141 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

here's my little contribution

from my experience i would suggest 

practice manual is useless as it does not cover whole content, in some chapters not even 30% of syllabus is covered

dinesh madan and others- these books present everything in lucid n easy language but they do not cover whole syllabus, but the far more important thing against these books is that they change/convert the language of headings, and in ISCA headings are the most important thing. esp. main headings, as there are many topics whose meaning is almost same but the points within those topics are very different. i am not able to recall any examples but believe me this is a big problem with these books.

I would recommend- read only study material, read it as many times as possible(3,4,5,6...) mug up headings and also remember the exact topic to which those heading belong.

M. Valecha can help you in remembring the headings but do not try to remember all the codes given as it will create more confusion as there are hundreds of small small topics in isca.

one more thing that valecha may help you to figure out is which questions are of 8 marks and which one can not be asked for more than 4 or 5 marks.

in every ques there first part is of 8 marks and the other 2 are of 4 marks.

give more stress in mugging up the headings of 8 marks questions.

ex. there are topics with 10 or more sub headings, these are the 8 marks question and those with 5 or7 or maybe 9 headings can be asked at most for 5 marks.

word of caution- do not depend fully on valecha as you can not survive on vitamin capsules one needs real food, here capsules is valecha's book (as only headings are given) and real food is study mat.

never ever start isca from chapter no. 3 which is Control objectives, this is the leanthiest and most difficult one, first complete IT act., ERP, BCP, 1st chapter, security policy. then complete SDLC and others. there is one more chapter, i think with "audit" in its name, this chapter relates to COBIT CoCo etc. leave this chapter, simply leave this chapter, i am writing it again, leave this chapter, this one is impossible to learn unless you are exceptionally good at mugging up.

if you dont have much time then in the chapter of control objectives you can leave the middle 50-60 pages which relates to' controls applicable on SDLC' and ends when topic of encryption start.

remember the sections of IT act.

try to remember the words used by study material for headings.

dont focus on 'learning by understanding' but simply 'learning by reading as many times as time may allow you'.

what i have come to understand  is that our current president or BOS chairman or whoever is responsible for setting the papers are very rational people, they are focusing on concepts and understanding in subjects like DT, Cost, Law etc. in ISCA straight questions are asked but what gets confusing is remembring the sub headings of the asked question and for that there is only one technique ie. mug the S*** out of ISCA. 

1 Like

Sumiti Jain (FP) (1364 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

thanx a lot

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

Thanks a lot Sagar Ji for this wonderul and very useful Article !!!

A much needed one.

Thanks

Dhaval (Job) (794 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

hi sagar it was very useful article for me bcoz isca is uncomfortable subject for me.

I could not clear my final exam in nov;11 attempt & i got lowest marks in isca only.

I want to know whether devang dalal book is good for isca & is there any change in isca for may;12 syllabus.

please reply.

CA Sagar Jeurkar (NA) (233 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

@ Dhaval

I would recommend ICAI module. You can use other books for supplementary studies where you can find some additional relevant information.

Use following link of ICAI for updated study material.https://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=5777

Cross verify the soft copies uploaded with your current module and make suitable changes. First step would be cross-check of number of pages which will give you broad idea whether there are any additions / deletions. I would also suggest you to scan through all the pages on portal to confirm such changes.

Wish you all the best.. Aim for score.. yes

Krishna Priya (FINAL) (158 Points)
Replied 01 February 2012

thanks sagar for ur tips....

neha shah (Employed ) (26 Points)
Replied 03 February 2012

hiii...........

thx for sharing.......

i want to know nowadays there are certain changes in module recently from where i will get this information about this changes?

Mayank Singhvi (CA FINAL) (148 Points)
Replied 03 February 2012

i have read MUKESH SARAF book for ISCA.. i think it is really very good. moreover few of my friends read this book and all of them got 55+ marks. so i think MUKESH SARAF is best for ISCA.

Replied 04 February 2012

@ Neha..

Please refer ICAI's BOS knowledge portal for updates on study material.

and also confirm from ICAI BOS personnel whether all amendments are applicable in May'2012 attempt or no?..

Best Luck...

CA. Aabhishek Khurana (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (364 Points)
Replied 04 February 2012

READ MANISH VALECHHA AND COMPILER BY CA MUKESH SARAF (BOOK CORPORATION KOLKATA)

I SCORED 66 IN ISCA IN NOVEMBER 2011 IN FIRST ATTEMPT

C.A SUVAJIT SAHU (CA ( In Practice )) (708 Points)
Replied 06 February 2012

Plz tell me with examples  the extent of use of diagrams and charts in ISCA.

is diagram necessary for every aswer.........?

and also the source from where i can download the diagrams and charts.

u have mentioned recent deveolpments in ISCA ....plz tell me the source to get it.......

subojitsahu009 @ gmail.com

Replied 06 February 2012

@ Suvajit

1) Every answer should not be in the form of diagrams and charts.
    you should draw charts / diagrams wherever it gives value addition to your answer.
    E.g. Characteristics of Information cannot be jotted down in diagram and chart. It is not value addition to your answer. you have to write point-wise answer.

Prototype model of SLDC can be written in Diagram format which is given in module.

You won't find ready-made diagrams / charts anywhere. There are few which are given in module itself.
Others you have to develop on your own, being part of your notes / reference books etc.

2) Recent developments in ISCA is part of your general awareness about developments in the field. for eg. Cloud Computing... New technologies related to audit of IS. Testing of software,Op Sys,ERPs etc..

All latest information which is not there in module can be written as part of conclusion.

These things u will learn if u read magazines / articles in newspapers or from friends who are in IT field.

Other best way is to search on internet, where ample info is available. but you'll have to be careful while retrieving authentic info.

recent developments are part of "CONCLUSION" to main answer. DONT write recent development as your main answer.
1 Like

balmukundpandey (student) (34 Points)
Replied 11 February 2012

thank you sir......................................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: