Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     14 June 2021

How to collect money on behalf of another

Dear all,

There are two children, though majors, requiring financial help, having lost their parents due to the pandemic. 

I know a number of people, who are willing to contribute but they want to put their contribution in my Bank account and are asking me to give it to the children because the children do not have a bank account in their name at the moment. Also, it may be difficult for the children to open an account in their name as they are under care of a relative abroad for the time being.

But i am not wanting to collect for the children in my bank a/c because of possible tax implications - The receipts can get taxed as my income

Can someone suggest how to go about this?

 6 Replies

Sivaramaraju G

Sivaramaraju G (Learner)     14 June 2021

Do one thing get a book of receipts like vouchers book and keep it with detailed details. like from whom you got the amount and their full address and amount they gave. if you prepare books for yourself then show the same as liability.

also get self declaration from them for why they have given amount.

1 Like
Geetha Gupta

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     14 June 2021

Dear Sivaramaraju,

Ok. So i will need self declaration.

Just trying out a format for the self declaration :-

I, name of the personPAN. no _________________, resident of _______________________, am giving Rs. _____/- for the welfare of the child's name. I request you to give this amount to the name of the child at the earliest.

Or can you suggest a different format for self declaration 

what other details will be required?

Regards and Thanks


Sivaramaraju G

Sivaramaraju G (Learner)     14 June 2021

Its sufficient
1 Like
veerendar singh

veerendar singh (tax consultant)     14 June 2021

Also obtain a letter of authority from both major childs therein granting you the right to colllect money on their behalf
2 Like
Geetha Gupta

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     15 June 2021

Veerendar Ji,

is this OK?

I, name of the person on whose behalf collection is done , resident of _______________________, am authorising name of the collector , PAN/Adhaar no _________________, resident of collector's residence address, to collect any sum of money for my welfare. I request name of the collector  to give this amount to me at the earliest.

or any format for the authority letter from the child ?

Regards and Thanks,


Geetha Gupta

Geetha Gupta (Accountant)     15 June 2021

Dear all,

Where will the aggregate collected amount be shown in my ITR?

Regards and thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags