Help!should i change my firm(articleship)?

Hi :) Soo let me start with my stupid story.I have been working as an article with this firm for over 2 weeks but I haven't officially registered with the institute yet.In these two weeks,I have mainly done- 1. Accounting work on tally and prepared financial statements on Excel. 2. Some Income Tax and TDS return related work. 3. Some corporate law related work,mainly ROC returns and prepared some deeds. You all know that september is known as the month of audits,but I haven't been sent to any audits yet.I did a little auditing work for a very small private limited company and a little vouching,that's about it.The firm is a CA Firm + Outsourcing Company and I feel like there major focus is on the work related to latter.They have outsourced employees so I guess they do the auditing work or something.I have tried to enquire about their spectrum of services but obviously they said they provide all kind of services including auditing.They always answer things ambiguously.I have asked my friends working with other firms how their articleship experience is,and they say they're not that satisfied cause they're only made to do audit work and don't get exposure in other fields.And here I am,who's barely getting any audit work.I'm feeling confused.What do you think I should do?
Replies (5)

The Grass always looks green from the other side.u ve to sort it out urself.

Rhea, your apprehensions as a newly joined article assistant are obvious. But see its just the start and i must say that you have already handled quite lot of different variety of works in just two weeks which is really appreciable. Yes, audit is also an important thing to learn but you can't so expect yourself to be given an audit assignment in the start. Have patience... may be you will get such assignments too after bit of experience. Better ask other senior articles about the kind of work they are engaged in and are they satisfied with the kind of exposure they are getting and then decide. Good Luck.

I dont think..............

Mhmm,I'm guessing I should stick around for a while.

Dear ,

 

Wait & watch for sometime and then decide pratically after consulting senoiurs other than your age friends.

Feel Free...

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details