Help! regarding transfer of articleship within 1 year.

I have completed my IPCC-Group I in May 2012. I have my 2nd group exams in Nov. And the last date for registration of articleship is late Oct for May 2015.

I wish to give my Nov exams from my home town but want an articleship outside.

So should I register myself as article at my home town itself and after my exams opt for a transfer?

Or should I apply for firms outside now and ask them to delay my joining by Nov?

Or any other suggestion?

Also I'll have my B.com exams in March end till almost full April.

Please help ASAP!!

Replies (3)

These things are pretty important.  And you would have to prioritise things.  You would not be able to get everything on a platter as and how you wish it would be.  You will have to compromise somewhere.  If your hometown has good CA firms/ scope (workwise) then there is no harm in taking up articles in your hometown.  Also kindly keep in mind that transfer is not a good option.  you need to get adjusted to a firm first and only then you can pick up work.  So I dont see transfer as a very good option.

On the other side, if your hometown doesnt have a good scope for CA's (work wise), then I would say register for article outside your town take a month odd leave for your 2nd group and finish it (if your principal is willing to).  Given that fact that 2nd group has all lighter subjects, I donot envisage much problems. 

It all depends on your circumstances.  Ideal choice would be join articles outside (assuming your hometown doesnt have great scope compared to outside), take leave from october 1st week or 2nd week (with a mutual understanding), give your 2nd group and get back to work the next day your exams get over.

@ Vishwas Sir, thanks for your suggestion. But going outside before exams and coming back in Nov is not so feasable for me.

What if I transfer within 3 months or less of joining?

Is the procedure for transfer (within a year) complicated, even if my principal has consented to it?

Also, how's Jaipur for articleship?

Can you suggest some good firms there?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details