Happiness in little things

Mangala G. (CA) (59 Points)

26 January 2011  

HAPPINESS IN LITTLE THINGS

Hi everyone.

At last I have come up with my first article "Happiness in little things". I would like to share few such incidents which made me happy and taught me some important lessons for the life. You might find them trivial.

I strongly believe in simple things make us happier. Yeah perception differs. We shouldn't wait for somebody or something to create happiness for us. We should ourselves find happiness in everything and thereby creating happiness in all.   

Let me tell you few such incidents.

One day while returning to hostel from class,my friend and I came to know that bus facility was stopped due to strike. We were late and our class was far from our hostel. It was late and we were bit worried. We didn't have enough money to take an auto also. We had a conversation with driver and conductor of BMTC bus. They got to know that we had no sufficient money to go back. Driver took500/-from his pocket and gave it to us. Moreover he had no expectation of getting his money back. He didn't talk anything about returning of money. We thanked them. The next day, we returned his money with fruits. We couldn’t thank him enough for his kindness.

A small act of kindness can start a chain reaction. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

I used to buy vegetables from a particular woman. She does not know a local language, Kannada properly. Somehow she manages with it. We both hardly knew each other. Due to some health problem, she had stopped her business for sometime. After almost one year, she came back. One day out of no where I met her. We had a conversation for 20 to 30 minutes.We felt so happy that we could feel it from each others’ expression on face. There is something special in her. The thing one can learn from her is true love and affection, which is unconditional.

To love and be loved is the most beautiful thing.

I was travelling by bus one day. A woman with a kid sat next to me. Opposite to my seat, there was a girl holding a child and she was feeding biscuits to the kid. The child  next to me was staring at the kid eating biscuits. I guess she wanted biscuits and she started crying. Somehow mother managed her kid and after some time kid stopped crying. After a while suddenly a girl holding child stood up and offered biscuits sitting next to me. The kid was so happy and excited to receive the biscuits. It was really amazing to see the innocent smile on the kid.

I have shared few incidents which I came across in my day to day life. There are lots of things which we can learn from others. It is more important to be kind than to be right. Please find and enjoy beauty in little things.

Thanks a lot. Hope you enjoy it. Your feedback will be appreciated.