Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gstr1 and gstr3b

CHRISTAS HERWIN   09 December 2019

CHRISTAS HERWIN

6 likes  74 points

| My Other Post

I have started a business .. expected turnover is not more than one lakh rs per month..do I have to file gstr1 everymonth ? or quarterly?

if I am filing on quarterly basis, should I file gstr3b also quarterly ? and liabilities also quarterly?

if I want to file monthly can I do it ?

and I have changed the filing period from quarterly to monthly and monthly to quarterly again ... can I change it to monthly again... this is my first filing, I have not filed any returns..

1 Like
avater

SOWJANYA M   09 December 2019

SOWJANYA M

53 likes  748 points

View Profile | My Other Post

If the agrregate turnover is below 1.5cr the registrant can opt filing quarterly gstr1 returns

but u have to pay the tax liability to the government monthly only. gstr3B must be filed monthly on or before 20th of every month

1 Like
avater

Shivam RC (Student)     09 December 2019

Shivam RC
Student 
 2621 likes  20464 points

The Government has given option to file FORM GSTR-1 "QUARTERLY" to small Taxpayers whose Aggregate Turnover does not exceeds Rs. 1.5 crore. However GST Return in FORM GSTR-3B will be Monthly irrespective of any turnover limit.
GSTR-3B have to be filed every month within 20th of the following month ( for e.g. November GSTR-3B within 20.12.2019 ).

As far as changing of option is concerned , you can change it only at the beginning of the new FY.

Note : Filing Returns and Statements under GST Regime is "mandatory". Even if no business transaction has been held in a particular month, then you have to file NIL RETURN for that particular period.

Regards.

2 Like

Sameer Khan   10 December 2019

Sameer Khan

14 likes  114 points

If the Aggregate turnover is up to 1.5 crore per annum than you are liable to file GSTR 1 is Quarterly but GSTR 3B is mandatory to file monthly before due date.

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     11 December 2019

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3499 likes  47399 points

As per Notification 45/2019 CT : 

Whose aggregate turnover is below 1.5 crore is required to file  Qtly GSTR 1.

As per Notification 46/2019 CT 

Whose turnover is above 1.5 crore is required to file GSTR 1 monthly.

And GSTR 3B need to file by every taxpayer On monthly basis

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register