Gstr-9 hsn wise summary of inward supplies

Edwin Vimal Raj (Accountants Manager) (29 Points)

24 June 2019  

Hello. Greetings.

I encounter a peculiar situation when I try to fill HSN WISE SUMMARY OF INWARD SUPPLIES in GSTR-9 ANNUAL RETURN.

I am using GSTR-9 OFFLINE EXCEL TOOLS to fill up HSN WISE SUMMAR OF INWARD SUPPLIES.

Basically we are a construction company and purchasing goods from LOCAL & INTER-STATE. We do purchase the same HSN GOODS from local and other states. For example we do purchase STEEL from local (Tamilnadu) and from other states such as Pondicherry (Inter-State).

So the bill from PONDICHERRY purchase for STEEL (HSN: 7214) shall be with 18% Integrated Tax.

And the bill from TAMILNADU purchase for STEEL (HSN: 7214) shall be with CGST 9% & SGST 9% tax.

When I try to enter above both entries in TABLE NO 18, it show duplicate entries found i.e. SAME HSN CODE is being used for the table. (SEE BELOW)

HSN       Taxable Value    Rate of Tax         IGST       SGST      CGST

7214       100000                  18%                 18000    0.00        0.00

7214       50000                    18%                  0.00       4500       4500

The above scenario is we encounter during the fill up of HSN WISE SUMMARY OF INWARD SUPPLIES.

Also I could not club together the above purchase records likewise below (Tally ERP 9 reporting option gives me like below). Validation shows error in tax amount (See below).

HSN       Taxable Value    Rate of Tax         IGST       SGST      CGST

7214       150000                  18%                 18000    4500       4500

Am I missing something? Please advise me how to resolve this problem. Since our purchase of Inward supplies are huge, I am in a desperate situation to solve this.