GST registration to PURCHASE MACHINE

I am purchasing a machine from other state to start my new proprietorship business.

I have made a advance payment against machinery on 02 May 2019.

Seller ask my GST no. to send machine and raise invoice.

In this situation I need GST no. but GST registration poratl is asking date of commencement of business and date of liability. and I have not started my business yet.

Please advise what I should I fill in date of commencement.

Please also advise is it mandatory to register under GST to purchase a machine from other state from a GST registered seller.

Regards,
Jayesh
Replies (1)
Dear Jayesh

It's better take Registration , to avail ITC on Machine , because as per Section 18 of CGST Act , you can avail ITC on goods in stock (Not capital) .
means can claim ITC on goods in stock the date you granted the registration but not for capital goods by filing ITC 01.

put current date of commencement & liability of business.

No it's not mandatory to take registeration Unless your Aggregate turnover is not exceeding 20 lacs

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details