Gst registration for 7 year old pvt. ltd software exports company

I wanted to know if I can register my 7 years old Software exports Pvt. Ltd. company under GST now? My CA is saying that its necessary that you close down current company and form a new one to get GST registration done now.  Since we are 100% software exports based company we know that we can get exemption on GST.  But he is advising to do so to avoid any issues? I am looking for advice regarding this?

Replies (3)

Under GST  Law  export  is zero  rated  Inter - state supply as per section 7(5) (a) of the IGST act 2017  , and  as per section 24(1) of the CGST act  2017  registration is compulsory for  inter-sate supply  and your turn over  exceeds 20 Lac's 

You can export  the software service  by paying  IGST  and then claim refund  or through  LUT/BOND subject  to conditions , 

please confirm with others also. 

Irrespective of the  turnover  registration is compulsory   for  Inter-state supply  please confirm . 

Sorry looks like question is unclear. I know that i have to register for GST. Question is can I register now? Will it have any implications? Or should I open a new company and register GST as advised by my CA?

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details