Gst registration for 7 year old pvt. ltd software exports company

Managing Director

I wanted to know if I can register my 7 years old Software exports Pvt. Ltd. company under GST now? My CA is saying that its necessary that you close down current company and form a new one to get GST registration done now.  Since we are 100% software exports based company we know that we can get exemption on GST.  But he is advising to do so to avoid any issues? I am looking for advice regarding this?

Accountant Tax Consultant

Under GST  Law  export  is zero  rated  Inter - state supply as per section 7(5) (a) of the IGST act 2017  , and  as per section 24(1) of the CGST act  2017  registration is compulsory for  inter-sate supply  and your turn over  exceeds 20 Lac's 

You can export  the software service  by paying  IGST  and then claim refund  or through  LUT/BOND subject  to conditions , 

please confirm with others also. 

Total likes : 1 times

Accountant Tax Consultant

Irrespective of the  turnover  registration is compulsory   for  Inter-state supply  please confirm . 

Total likes : 1 times

GST Certification Course

Managing Director

Sorry looks like question is unclear. I know that i have to register for GST. Question is can I register now? Will it have any implications? Or should I open a new company and register GST as advised by my CA?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU