GST on Rent

I have 6 properties, which I have let out. It comprises 4 commercial having monthly rent of Rs. 50000/- and 2 residential having rent of Rs. 20,000/-. These properties are shown as investment in my balance sheet together with my business assets and liabilities and I pay taxes on house property and business as well. Am I suppose to pay GST on properties let out ? If yes, I should pay on commercial rent or both commercial as well as residential.
Replies (3)

if you are already registered under GST, you are liable for gst on rent from  commercial property. Residential property used for resident purpose  not liable for GST. 

If you are not already registered and pan based turnover including rent and other exceeds 20 Lakh regi req.  

(These properties are shown as investment in my balance sheet together with my business assets and liabilities)
As per this I think You are registered under GST...

If Yes... Then Commercial rent is Taxable under GST and You must collect GST for the Rent.
No ,... you are not required to get registered in GST, so no GST is applicable

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details