GST on ready to move resale flat without flat completion certificates (CC/OC)

I am planning to buy ready to move resale flat. This building and said flat has not received completion certificate. Partial completion certificate is received for some flats and those flat owners received possession from builder. Society is also formed by those flat owners.
First owner has not received the possession letter from builder.

This building is joint venture between first owner (landowner) and builder.
First owner (Landowner) has got more than 10 flats in this building, and he has individual sale Agreement for all his flats. Now he wants to sale his flats as individual owner.
 
Individual flat 'Agreement of Sale' is there between builder and first owner in 2016. First owner has paid stamp duty and registration charges for sale agreement. During that period GST was not there. VAT is paid first owner and entire consideration is paid by first owner to builder.

My question is - As this flat (which I am buying) has not received completion certificate and possession letter is not there with first owner (landowner) do I need to pay GST?
in first sale agreement total flat cost is 65 Lakh (entire consideration is paid to builder) and I am buying it for 90 Lakh. I will be paying amount to first owner and not the builder.


Do I need to pay GST on additional cost of 25 Lakh?
If yes to whom I have pay GST?

Regards,
 

Replies (1)
Yes you need to as completion certificate is not received

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details