Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreekanth Iyer   20 July 2021

Gst on interest in trading transactions

I am a textiles wholesaler. Due to covid disruptions, I need to pay intetest to my suppliers as well as collect interest from my customers. Does that interest attract GST?

6 Replies

prasad Nilugal

prasad Nilugal   20 July 2021

Yes , as per section 15 (2) (d ) of the CGST act 2017 , Gst applicable on Interest charge by you and supplier .
Imthias ahamed Kormath

Imthias ahamed Kormath   20 July 2021

This type of interest ur terms & condition relate ur business payment transaction,It follow previously by trade community.
Chartered Accountants ASPIRANT

Chartered Accountants ASPIRANT   20 July 2021

Only that interest which is having the bearance on loans, advances or deposits is Exempt service.. Interest on delayed consideration payment will be taxable by issuing debit notes as it is after supply.
CA Akshay Hiregange

CA Akshay Hiregange (Partner - Audit & Assistance)     20 July 2021

Originally posted by : Chartered Accountants ASPIRANT
Only that interest which is having the bearance on loans, advances or deposits is Exempt service.. Interest on delayed consideration payment will be taxable by issuing debit notes as it is after supply.

Agree with the above. Also time of supply against such interest is upon receipt of the amount and not supply of goods/services. 

1 Like
Pankaj Rawat

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     21 July 2021

Yes agree with CA Akshay Ji..
you need to deposit the tax only when you received interest amount. (Reference Section 12(6) CGST Act)
Imthias ahamed Kormath

Imthias ahamed Kormath   23 July 2021

It is an expense like fright, insurance for delay in payment. Section 12(6) give a provision to the dealer.But, how did issue an invoice by supplier for this provision conducted by him?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags