Gst for air ticketing agents working under airlines or online tracvel portal

I run a proprietorship firm which is a B2B sales agent working under Goair, indigo etc and also under travel portals like yatra, via. I ​ha​ve not yet received Provisional ID for GST I get commission from air ticket sales and TDS is deducted. i.e I book tickets on behalf of Airlines and travel portals and sell them. Now since th GST is in force , Do I have to charge 5% GST on economy class from customer even if 5% GST is already charged by the Airline in the total airfare ? do i need to raise separate GST invoice for customers?
Replies (1)

What I get to know from few discussions is that GST is required to be paid only on the commission generated. GST invoices should be issued to the clients who wish to claim ITC on their travel and they should be equipped with proper GST registration at time of booking the tickets so that the information (GST registration number) can be passed on to the portal/Airlines and the GST invoices can be prepared at their end.

You may also refer to https://www.voyagersworld.in/article/gst-impact-feedback-and-expert-analysis-read 

I am looking forward for more clarity on this issue and will keep you posted with any further relevant information on above query. Kindly pass on any relevant information on above query, whenever you have, at your end

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details