Gst final return

sundip (Others) (107 Points)

18 February 2019  

dear sir/mam

i closed down my company and applied online to cancel my gst number on 18th april 2018 and my gst number was cancelled without visiting anywhere on 18th of september 2018 and the cancellation was received thru mail saying that my gst number stands cancelled as of 1st april, 2018. i was till october regualry filing gstr1 and 3b online. since i had no income it was all nil. in the cancellation also i had zero amount to be paid. it said a sentence of submission of final return which i showed to my CA and he said its all done and nothing to do now. i also thought the same. after almost 4 months or so i got a mail from them saying that i have missed to file some gstr 3b returns so i mailed them back saying that all returns are filed and sent them copies as well. since i dint get any reply i thought to verify on their customer care where one lady told me that i will hv to visit their office but she also added that i hv missed one final return which is gstr 10 so i was surprised coz no one told me about it and even in the cancellation order nothing such was mentioned. now when i logged in to file the return it shows a penalty of 7500 rupees. when i told to my CA he says i hv to pay it. but wht was my fault? if CA himself has no knowledge then is it our fault ? my question is what should i do now ? daily its rising by rupees 200 the penalty amount. it has reached now 8200. is there any way to avoid this penalty or do i hv to pay it? kindly let me know as soon as possible. thank you in advance. kothari.