GST cancellation

sir I have applied for gst cancellation online from last year.... in this year I met tax officer regarding cancellation.... they told me after checking of GST retun you will be informed...... anybody tell me should I received a cancellation order from tax officer ....
Replies (5)
Quick Summary
If you've applied for GST cancellation, you should ideally receive an order from the tax officer. While delays from the department are common, your ARN (Application Reference Number) is usually sufficient proof of your application. Keep following up on the status of your application on the GST portal, as it can take several months to receive the cancellation order (Form GST REG-19). Remember to file your final return (GSTR-10) within three months of receiving the cancellation order.

Ideally you should receive an order for cancellation. In any case, since you have applied for cancellation, you are not required to file any returns and ARN suffices. It is the delay from the tax officials not from your side. Nonetheless, try to follow up at times.
@ Jaskaran Singh Sir, even I faced this problem with my GST Registration Cancellation. I applied it in on July 2019 and the Cancellation Order i.e. FORM GST REG-19 was issued on April 2020 by the Department. So don't worry. It takes time. But keep on tracking the status of your Application ( FORM GST REG-16 ) in the GST common portal.

Regards,
Shivam RC.
You must declare your closing stock
Agree with all above answers....you must wait as the delay is from Dept.

Further, Ensure to file GSTR10 (Final Return) within 3 Months of receiving Cancellation Order.
Thnxx sir..... but In my case I could start my business..... I filed nil retun (composite person) from staring....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details