Give your opinions

How well do you need to know Tally and other computer software to do well as an Auditor?
Replies (2)
Hi! Shyam,

I have also just started with audit work but as far as I feel u should have the basic knowledge of information system to understand the client's system very well knowledge of other accounting packages is an added advantage.  
Hey,

What kind of work are you doing?

The reason I posted this is because I find no use of having lot of knowledge of Tally as such but knowledge of Excel is of paramount importance (use in sampling). Also I have found that persons using the system at the Client office also lack the knowlege of using it properly (say only 1/2 persons know the complete use and they guard this knowledge like some treasure and don't want to share it!)...... what does one do in this situation?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details