Gift tax

amit jain (Chartered Accountant) (532 Points)

04 November 2011  

If a Parent gifts certain amount of money in cash to their children , then since it is non taxable:

is it necessary to make Gift Deed and get it registered?

also is it necessary to file return of income (due to a considerable amount) when there is no other source of income?