Get that job in blue chip psu

Ashish (Chief Mentor) (40 Points)

18 August 2013  

Get That Job In Blue Chip PSU

Being in a BPO or lets please yourself KPO is cool but for how long. Until diabetes catches up with you. Till you get hypertension. Okay okay if you are fit fine and cheerful for how long, till the rupee depreciates further and the job arbitrage still remains.

Many a time we do not apply for PSU jobs thinking that the selection process is not transparent or the vacancies are too less or the salary is less or the job may be in remote places or the environment there I mean work culture is not good or that self depreciating opinion – I am not good enough.

Let me take these one by one.

Selection process is not transparent:

Let me assure you that after being myself part of this from behind the table to in front of it the selection process is most fair. It is in low level jobs in sarkari where rigging happens not in Officer /Managerial level jobs for CA/CMA/ICWA. Let me give you a figure  for power placement / rigged one ,it can at best be 2-3 in 100. That also when all else is equal. I mean the approach guy is also a CWA/CA/CMA and has same experience.

Vacancies are too less

I am reminded of an example given to me by an senior bureaucrat when I told him that I am applying for DGM post but there  are only 2 vacancies.  He said   Quoting  Late PM Chandra shekhar Look there is only one postr of PM but that does not scare me. The first thing however is self confidence.

Salary is too less

Now that can be a good reason.  Prima facie. However PSU jobs do provide a decent salary and some PSU nearly 50 % more of other PSU. However the trade off is with location.

Neverthe less even being in a Mini Ratna PSU if one totals all things –salary slip and non salary slip ( no no I am not quoting  Suresh Kalmadi) things like lease entitlement, PRP, Medical Cover,  Reimbursements things are good enough. In  a Navratna things are much better.

Remote Places posting

Not true. Chances are 50 % of you getting in metros. Another 40% of A CLASS CITIES AND ONLY 10 %  of remote. In Navratnas this is 80 % remote or b class cities –10 %  A class and another 10% METROS. As you go higher and higher in the ladder you will invariably be in a metro/A CLASS CITY which good chances are can be your home town.

Job Environment

There are no thumb rules for this. Like MNC and good povt companies some eggs are good and others rotten We cannot put all in one basket. Work culture varies wth some being task master /yes! To country club atmosphere with some being middle of the road.

How to exactly go about this.

Rule 1: Apply in as many you can

Rule 2 : Have a tracker/Desk Borad Control with ticks on application sent,Interview call received, Interview given and the cleared column

Rule 3: Go till 20 and I am sure you would have cleared. Chances are that within first 10 there will be a On Board call.

See my website    https://cfo-india.co.in/ for details.