Freelancer here

I give services to people from US & Europe and I am making around 15-20,000 Rs/month and I receive money through paypal. will they ( Banks & IT department) ask for explanation for international transactions even if they are as low as 5$ and income is less than 2.5LPA
Replies (5)

Yes, keep the records and file ITR.

But i don't think I have any explanation because its just supply demand service on social media

But based on your paypal credits to bank you can file return.

I am a student and i may make only 60-70,000 during my breaks (like dec and june) and this is the only time when i am free for this job so will they ask me early or after computing whole year Income because i may make less bcz of my studies

No query now. It may be only after the filing of return, that is after year end.

Generally query not raised if corresponding return filed and total income below basic exemption limit, so relax.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details