ICICI

Form 3cm issued by the dsir

somu v c reddy (audit & Financial Management analyst)     05 January 2012

somu v c reddy
audit & Financial Management analyst 
 26 points

| My Other Post

Can any one reply me for the following points 

i) Is it mandatory to submit Form No.3CM for claiming deduction u/s 35 (2AB) ?

ii) Secretary is the Prescribed Authority with regard to Form 3CM. Can any person from the same office sign the 3CM for and on behalf of the Secretary?

iii) is Form No. 3CM signed by scientist for and on behalf of Secretary is a valid for submission U/S 35 (2AB)?

Thanks in advance

avater

Nitesh Singh (R&D Incentives-Consultant )     15 April 2015

Nitesh Singh
R&D Incentives-Consultant  
 22 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Originally posted by : somu v c reddy

Can any one reply me for the following points 

i) Is it mandatory to submit Form No.3CM for claiming deduction u/s 35 (2AB) ?

ii) Secretary is the Prescribed Authority with regard to Form 3CM. Can any person from the same office sign the 3CM for and on behalf of the Secretary?

iii) is Form No. 3CM signed by scientist for and on behalf of Secretary is a valid for submission U/S 35 (2AB)?

Thanks in advance

i)  After getting “In house R&D centre” recognition from DSIR, for claiming the R&D expenses one has to submit the FORM 3CK. In approval of the same company receive FROM 3CM from DSIR that proves that company can now claim the R&D expenditure.

ii) Yes secretary is the Prescribed Authority for approving the FORM 3CM.

iii) FORM 3CM is signed by Head scientist FOR AND ON BEHALF OF SECERATORY, DSIR 

Regards

Nitesh Singh 

avater

divyakrishnan (Chartered Accountant)     22 July 2015

divyakrishnan
Chartered Accountant 
 6 likes  92 points

Hello Nitesh,

We have got recognition from DSIR and have submitted the Form 3CK by offline mode in March 2014 to get approval in Form 3CM.But still we didnt receive the Form 3CM from DSIR.How to check the status of the same?

And is there any need to submit the annual accounts status by online mode,which we used to do by october 31st of every year?If yes from whch year it is mandatory to submit online?

Thanks in advance.

avater

Nitesh Singh (R&D Incentives-Consultant )     05 October 2015

Nitesh Singh
R&D Incentives-Consultant  
 22 points

Hi 

As per the new guidelines, we need to file our Form 3CK in online mode also.if you have already submitted the FORM 3CK in hard copy and didn't receive any communication from DSIR, then you should contact DSIR about the same, Most probably they will tell you to submit FORM 3CK in online mode. For the same they will provide you the link on your existing account of DSIR (the same by which you filed your recognition application)

Only after getting the FORM 3CM from DSIR you are eligible to claim your Dedicated R&D expenses in Offline mode (this process, they are receiving in offline mode yet, though the online mode is coming soon, not yet mandatory) 

After getting approval, yes, we need to find annual accounts to DSIR by 31st Oct of each year.this is mandatory from the year (Date) on which you get approved.

Best Regards 

Nitesh singh 

( Head R&D Incentives) 

Scinnovation Consultants Pvt Ltd.

avater

Shreesha Bhat   20 February 2017

Shreesha Bhat

2 points

Hi Nitesh,

I know this question is a bit off-track from the forum, but i wanted to ask if there is any information for DSIR eligibility of startups running research labs out of a government institute?

avater

Padmakar Roy (DSIR Recognition & 35(2AB)Consultant)     16 May 2018

Padmakar Roy
DSIR Recognition & 35(2AB)Consultant 
 24 points

Yes, If the start-up working in the field of Bio-technology. Then under some circumstances there is flexibility of getting eligible for DSIR recogntion even if a start up is less then three years old.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »