Fno accounting entry

1. What will be the accounting entry for purchase of future/option. 

2. What happens when above entry squared off on there expiry date or squared off by trader before there expiry. 

3. What entry to be made for Profit/loss of above transaction.

4. What to do at the time of finalisation of books, when I have some open position in above transactions.

5. what will be the effect of open interest in Balance Sheet. Need your cordial co-opration.

Thanking you.


 

Replies (1)

Hi, 

I am doing share market trading in all segment.   Recently I got  ledgers from my broker for income tax filing purpose wherein I have noticed the following discrepancies, why it is so, please reply 

In original ledger (financial transaction with broker) I have paid 1,50,000 which is totally loss. Where as

the ledger received for FNO PNL the loss is different i.e. 1,98,000.  When I have not paid more than 1.50 lacs and account is closed by both side, how the PNL in F&O shows excess loss?

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details