Easy Office
LCI Learning

First attempt ca

Page no : 2

Tarun (AM) (216 Points)
Replied 18 May 2015

Attempt matters....Due to my 8 attempts, Big 4 denies to take me in even as fresher, I have pre qual rich experience of 4.5 years. Same is with others....they dont consider pre qual exp It seems , I wadted my 4 years....Would that I've done MBA. Atleast...I would hv got something for me.

(Guest)

Big 4 has worst obsession for rankholders and 1st attempter.

I did my articleship through a very good mid size firm of Chandigarh city.We even had audits of few listed companies. It was a firm with 20+ very prominent CA's of the area.

The son of Managing Partner did purely flexible dummy. He never did vouching. Never made Balance sheet. Never did tax audit. He used to ask questions like " yar wo expenditure disallow hone ki daily limit 20000 hai ya 15000 ya 25000?? yar wo tax audit-44AB ki minimum limit 30 lacs hai ya 60 lacs ??" he asked these questions when we were in PCC and he was in final.

He disappeared from the office totally for like 6-8  moths and cleared CA finals in one go.

Next thing, he got transaction and advisory in one of the Big 4.

Big 4 went gaga over his marks. Big 4 gave him 10+ lacs package just on the basis of 1st attempt. He specifically told us that Big 4 partner said that " Articleship is kept in CA just to provide cheap bonded labour for practicing CA's. We only value intellectual abilities shown through attempts and marks and ranks. Those giving multiple attempts are good as chaprasi in my office.You had 1st attempt and thats all that matters. Those are big fools who are doing articleship. Hahaha. How easily they fall in the sugar coated articleship dreams.No big CA allows his son/daughter to waste the time in articleship. "

This is how mind works of a partner in Big 4.

Nafis saiyad (Article) (118 Points)
Replied 18 May 2015

For getting job through campus placement ; attempt matters .

Greatest Buddy (Finance Professional) (173 Points)
Replied 30 May 2015

@ hammad. Wow man. Your posts are white informative. And they reflect the harsh reality too.

Greatest Buddy (Finance Professional) (173 Points)
Replied 30 May 2015

@ hammad I mean quite informative.( My phone's auto spell check sucks.)

Peeyush (Proprietor) (54 Points)
Replied 19 July 2016

I wish this argument was judgemental for other professions also , like MBA's, Doctor's, Lawyer's, Architect's and so on. Intrestingly people are so eager to jump on the edge of their ego, when it comes to attempts. Different people have different IQ when it comes to clearnce of exams. 

There are people who see this link as an example, but one should take this as a discussion only.

For me experience matters the most - hands down.

Gud luck!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro