Filling hra in itr 1

Hi

As I am a salaried employee with  additional source of income (through bank interest), I am planning to submit ITR1 form. I couldn't submit the HRA proofs to my employer and hence they did not provide HRA exemption under section 10.

 

Now, while filing IT returns with Incometax department, I plan to get submit the HRA proofs to get the exemption .

When I downloaded the ITR1 excel from income tax website, to my surprize, I do not see any field where I can claim for HRA exemption. 

 

Is it not possible to claim the HRA exemption at this point ? If it is possible, where can I fill in the amount in ITR 1 form ?

Thanks in advance

Srikanth

 

[Edit: Apologies, I meant ITR 1 and not ITR 2]

Replies (2)

Hi sir...Hope thier will be a column in Details of Salary Income..in tat u have to show in Allowances Exempt U/S 10...HRA is exempt U/S 10(13a). Hence u can show in that sir....If any query pls feel free to ask....

Originally posted by : s.kripa harish

Hi sir...Hope thier will be a column in Details of Salary Income..in tat u have to show in Allowances Exempt U/S 10...HRA is exempt U/S 10(13a). Hence u can show in that sir....If any query pls feel free to ask....

Thank you sir. I have verified the ITR1 form again. There are reference to OTHER sections like 80c, 80cc, 80ccd .... etc. However, there is NO reference to either Section 10 or HRA. I wonder if they (the IT department) need to correct this and reupload the ITR1 excel template ?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details