Filing of form-8 under l.l.p

Praveen Mehta (CA/CS Final) (38 Points)

26 June 2012  

Dear Friends

I would be happy if someone could enlighten me on the two issues i came across while filing Form-8 (For Statement of Account and Solvency) A private limited company was converted to LLP on the 24th of February, 2011 and the Form is being filed for the first year of the formation of LLP for the period from 24-02-2011 to 31-3-2011

The issues are as follows:

• While filling Part - B (Statement of Account) , in the column contribution received, the form is not accepting "zero" as the value for the contribution  figure as at the end of the previous reporting period. i.e. the period when the LLP was not in existence. As the form is being filled for the first year of the formation of LLPas there cannot be said to be any contribution for the previous reporting period. The contribution  figure as at the end of the current reporting period can only be said to be available as the LLP is formed in this year with the contribution figure, and its also the first year of filing.

•  The form has a compulsory attachment which reads as "Disclosures under Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Act, 2006" However, the instruction kit doesnot provide for any specific format for such disclosure. Also it does not provide for the details which needs to be disclosed in such attachment in regard to the LLP. 

I would be happy if some one could resolve my above isses. i would seek specific answer to the issues from those, actively involved in the L.L.P. matters.

Looking forward to replies from you.

Thanking You

Praveen Mehta