Hi,
I did not file my returns last year for the income earned during the FY2010-2011. I did not file even by Mar 2012. But my income from salaries and house rent turns out to be less than the TDS paid. So in effect, I would have to get a refund. My question is that can I file the tax return now for the FY2010-2011 without penalty since my TDS is higher than the tax to be paid?
i submitted income tax for the assment year 2010-2011. But i didnt get returns till now.
How to get returns. Is there any process i need to follow or can i get some phone number for getting the details of this returns. I checked https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/TaxRefundStatus.Here it says Your assessing officer has not sent this refund to Refund Banker.
Yes you can file a belated return u/s139(4) but since you have not filed the ITR till 31/03/2012 you are liable to pay a fine Rs5000 u/s271F [for failure to file return u/s 139(1)].
Hi, I've filed the IT return for FY2010 (AY10-11) thru Taxsmile with refund amount of 5K. However, in the return, i've mentioned my wife's a/c no for refund by mistake. erroneously. I checked https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/servlet/TaxRefundStatus. Here it says Your assessing officer has not sent this refund to Refund Banker. Is this due to the a/c no?? Is there any way to correct this now by filing revised return now? (Nov 2012)???
Leave a Reply
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies