Fd cash accounting method

Hi,

I am a salaried individual and wanted to your expert opinon for few questions.

1. I have been following accrued accounting method (mercantile) for Income from other sources like FD till date.
    I want to shift to cash accounting method from this financial year and in future.
    What documentation should I keep handy to indicate that I have changed the accounting method?

2. Assume I have a cummulative interest FD (ie. payable at maturity) which matures in Jan 2014.
    I reinvest the entire amount(principal + interest) to create new FD with the same bank.
    In the above case, can i treat the interest as "receipt" basis so that I can tax the amount when the new FD matures?

3. In case of cash accounting method, do I need to pay advance tax as applicable. My understanding is NO since
    the interest is taxable on actual receipt basis.

4. In there any timeframe or conditions which I need to satisfy to back to merchantile method in future?


Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)

Interst received up to jan-14, which is reinvest means intreset received, so interset income is trested as current year income through passing entry as Dr to FDR a/c and Credt to Interst received A/c

thanks

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details