Exempt income

I am a salaried employee and need to file IT returns. I have income from house rent ( one house) , Income from interest from bank deposits & income from  Dividend  from stocks .  I have not sold any stocks in last financial year so I do not have any LTCG or STCG.

Can you please let me know if the dividends from stocks is exempt from tax or not.  If yes should I use ITR1 or ITR2  to file my returns ?  I could not find any Exempt field in ITR1 so I am not sure about it.

 

 

Replies (5)

Dividend from Stocks are exempted from income tax.

Since you are having salary income only and other sources income, you should use ITR 1 form. No need to show dividend income.

In case you wan to disclose the same, then fill up ITR 2. In the exempt income page, show the dividend income.

 

Dear ,

as per my view, you r required to show exempt income also. so even if dividend is not taxable but exempt u should file itr 2 and show dividend as exempt income.

 

thx.

you should definitely file ITR 2 and disclose the exempted income to be on the safer side.

What about PF withdrawal? 

Should it be mentioned in ITR 2. If yes, where?

P.S.: I had switched job after 7 years of continuos service.

 

Thanks

PF withdrawal (recognised) after 7 years of continuous service is not taxable 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details