Excel

when i type numbers in excel the last two digit goes to decimal. for example if i type "5555", the value given is "55.55". what is the problem and give me a solution.

Replies (6)

Can u upload that excel file

I want see that and I will tell if i find any solution

Originally posted by : Vandana

when i type numbers in excel the last two digit goes to decimal. for example if i type "5555", the value given is "55.55". what is the problem and give me a solution.


Check the setting you have entred for decimal point in options.

Excel-2003

Click on Tools>option>Edit>unchecked Fixed Decimal.

 

Originally posted by : Kaushik




Originally posted by : Vandana






when i type numbers in excel the last two digit goes to decimal. for example if i type "5555", the value given is "55.55". what is the problem and give me a solution.







Check the setting you have entred for decimal point in options.

Excel-2003

Click on Tools>option>Edit>unchecked Fixed Decimal.



 

 

 

   right click on cell -> format-> number 

change decial 

or change format of cell

Slelect..all ..CRTL+A

and then change cell format by right clcicking.

I have also a problem of decimal point, Thanks for your help

 

Microsoft Excel is the most common used Spread Sheet program. Any person who has an interaction with computer uses the Excel. Almost everyone who uses the computer in Home or Office knows the basic Excel function like Sum, Minus, Division etc.

 

However most of the people are still unaware of the wonders that Excel can do. Data analysis is the next big business and Excel is playing a bigger role in it. In fact most of the Data analysis is done using Excel by small firms. And recent dynamic changes in Business world have reduced the demand of Accountant and now the Businesses need Analytants.  Analytants is not the standard word but I prefer to use it. In present time being an accountant is not enough and one has to be good analysis expert too.

 

It is not just the Accountant that need to have the analysis skill but also other professional whether they working in Sales, purchase, inventory or any other department.

 

I would like to mention a real situation which I faced. I was appointed as an Accounts Consultant in a company, and the first thing I was supposed to do was to find the discount Applicable to different buyers. It was a huge data and if it was to be done manually or using the simple Excel Functions, I would have taken more than a week. But with the help of Advance Excel formulas I could finish the work within a day. Continue...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details