EVC generated but not received

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)

15 July 2021  

Dear All,

My union bank (not from merged PNB or Andhra) account has been prevalidated and evc enabled.

Yet when I try to generate EVC thru this A/C from within my efiling portal, it says that EVC generated and sent to my mobile and email but nothing is received. Since yesterday I have tried 3 - 4 times but nothing is being received. Both my mobile and email are active and receiving several other OTPs and email msgs. I have also chcked my spam folder. Nothings therein.

Something is going wrong with EVC.

Does anyone know if this could be bank's issue or efiling portal issue? A friend of mine who has A/c in central bank received it correctly. I called efiling helpdesk but  after 15 minutes of waiting call eventually dropped.

Also the email id & mobile number in bank records and my profile on efiling are same. 

Also I noticed that this year the option to e-verify your ITR by logging thru Net banking is no longer offered? Is that true? I could not find any option anywhere. Even EVC from Netbanking does not show Union Bank in the drop down.

While I might be able to verify thru adhar OTP I want to know why EVC is failing.

Any clarity shall be good to know.