Error while e-filling

Hi while e-filling for the year 07-08, I had by mistake put the year as 06-07, though i didnot submit the acknowledge for this and submitted the correct acknowledge for 07-08. Now I have recieved a letter saying my  case has been selected for scrutiny under CASS for the e-filling I did for 06-07. The returns for this year were manually filed by me and even the returns for the same have been received.

I have even submitted the apology letter explaing the same. still they are asking all the support documents for that year,  The only exemption I took that year was a ELSS of Rs40,000 and HRA exemption of Rs 15000.

I have the receipt of the ELSS, but I have lost the Rent agreement. (Total rent given for that year was 52000 which is much more than what i have claimed)

1. How do I go about defending myself.

2.Should I take help of the CA to defend my case

Kindly guide me through this...

Replies (5)

Better to go with the help of a CA. You need to provide all the details to Income tax officer. If you have paid rent by cheque then it shall not be a very big issue. And if paid in cash, then you can produce, copies of rent reciepts also. If you dont even have them, then the CA will tell you the ways to come out this problem. No need to worry. Just take help of some consultant.

I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE THE HELP OF CA

But in my opinion, notice can not be issued for the financial year 2006-07. Even the last date for issue of notice for FY 2007-08 was 30th September. I don't know how they issued you the notice. You should immediately consult some CA.

CA.Tarun Maheshwari is right...........

U JUST NEED TO HIRE A C.A. AND EXPLAIN UR CASE TO HIM WELL, THEIR IS NOT MUCH TO WORRY ABOUT........!!!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details