Eligibility for May 2009 Finals attempt

 

Hi..
I got registered for articleship on 2nd Apr,07.  When i took transfer from my first employer to the
current one, the former sent d transfer form stating 38 days of leav taken during the period(on account of
BCOM exams i joined on 16th May,07)

I propose to go on study leav for May 09 attempt from Dec 1st,08. During my articleship period under the
new employer, till date,i've earned 32 days credit.

I read the Eligibility instructions at icai.org which said,as on 1st day of the month of the exam i should be
serving the last 12 months of service including the excess leave taken.

So i need to know whether the following calculation is correct:
Permitted leav                   137 days
credits available                 32 days
Total leav available           169
Less:
Excess leav with
 first employer        38
Actual study leav
from dec to apr     151      189 days

excess leav taken              20 days

This would mean my articleship period would postpone from 2/4/2010 to 22/4/2010 ( by 20 days)
But as on 1/5/09, i wud still be serving the last 12 months of my articleship.
I wud therefore be eligible
to write the May 2009 attempt right??

Pls Clarify

Replies (2)

I had passed CA inter in Nov-97. Thereafter I had appeared twice in CA final. But could not pass. Since then I have not appeared in final exam. Now I wish to appear in CA final. Please advise me about the process which I have to follow so that I can appear in the Exam in May-09.

I had passed CA inter in Nov-97. Thereafter I had appeared twice in CA final. But could not pass. Since then I have not appeared in final exam. Now I wish to appear in CA final. Please advise me about the process which I have to follow so that I can appear in the Exam in May-09.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details