Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Doubt on articleship?

divyalakshmi (student) (153 Points)

24 February 2013  

frndz.. i am going to write my first IPCC xam (both groups) either by tiz nov or by next may.. in case i clear the xams.. next on the list wil be articleship for which i am goin to approach my uncle who audits for big companies.. my doubt is can i work somewhere else and simentaneously do articles wit my uncle.. is it possible?

 7 Replies

Prabhat Mittal (Job) (182 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

Your question is not clear, you want to study simultaneously or do a job.


Prabhat Mittal




Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48504 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

If you take institute guidelines for article assistant aside,

yes you can do whaever you want ,Provided your uncle(Principal),has to agree for it


if you want to follow institute rules,

other wise you can work at any time other than normal working hours of the ca firm where u joined ,total working hours must be 35 hours in a week,


Obey,or disobeying institute rules depends on yours,

disobeying institute rule always risk..

your precious  time in articleship period SHOULD BE DEDICATED TO ARTICLES ONLY.




I can say one thing

Better you concentrate on your IPCC exams once you cleared you can find time to discuss about this,

dont waste your precious time before exam,



* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

Agreed with Ganeshbabu.

divyalakshmi (student) (153 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

i do wan to obey the rules.. it was just a lil confusion.. being a CA is my life time ambiton.. and as a matter of fact i DONT WANT TO TAKE ANY RISKS..

DISHANT RAJWANI (student) (59 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

yes you can engage in any other business if you want to......you need to get permission from your uncle as well as from the institute......!! all the best for your exams...

CA Srikanth Yadav (Chartered Accountant) (3162 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013


As per Regulation 65 of CA Regulations, "without the previous permission of the Council, obtained on application made in the approved form (Form 112), no articled assistant shall, during the period of his service as an articled assistant, take any other course of study or training, whether academic or professional, or engage in any business or occupation."

Vinod (Article assistant) (234 Points)
Replied 24 February 2013

i think now u shd focus on your IPCC exam...........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags