Doubt in contract costing?

1. Why is uncertified work shown in balance sheet?

2. Why is WIP reserve deducted from WIP in balance sheet?

Is there any material I can read to gain clarity on this chapter? I have looked at many youtube videos and the textbook but they do not explain the concept in enough detail. I know that I can by-heart but I want to know the meaning and reason behind the steps I am performing.

 

Off-topic:

Also, why are there 2 discussion forums for IPCC here? What is the difference?

Replies (1)

1. Uncertified work is uncertified Because the work is not certified  But the work isdone so it should be shown in the balance Sheet.

About other Questions i didnt remember this.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details