Don't expose your personal details on job portals / networki

A few days ago, I got a call from some Maninder Singh (Ph. 011 43197009) representing ICICI Bank, Videocon Towers, Jhandewalan, New Delhi. He said that I have a outstanding loan taken for purchasing a Hyundai Accent.
I got shocked after hearing this, since I never had any kind of relationship with this bank. I asked him to confirm the details in his records. All the details he gave about me, seems to be downloaded from my naukri.com profile, because I use different mail id, cell no. , address etc. for job portals. 

I immediately registered a complaint on ICICI Bank's website and still waiting for their explanation.


We should be very careful about giving our personal details and photographs on job portals (naukri, monster etc.), social & professional networking sites (facebook, linkedin etc.), because it can be misused by unscrupulous people (like ICICI bank, its DSAs and recovery agents), for forging documents for taking loan or mobile connection etc. in your name.


P.S. - Thanks to ICICI Bank for making me the owner of a Hyundai Accent, at least in their records. In reality, I don't even have the margin money to take a loan for a Tata Nano.

Replies (11)

thanks for sharing your experience here! 

but that might be a fake call.

howcome a bank record details without verification?

Thanks for sharing ur experience........

Originally posted by : pearl

thanks for sharing your experience here! 

but that might be a fake call.

howcome a bank record details without verification?
Originally posted by : ....N.B....

Thanks for sharing ur experience........

thanks for sharing.....

Originally posted by : ....N.B....

Thanks for sharing ur experience........

Thanks for sharing Mr. Vivek.,

I also want to share about the miss use of our profiles created on different job portals. Few days ago I got an e-mail for interview from MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LTD., Delhi. 

They were saying that they will give Air Ticket for attending interview in DELHI on there Head Office. And they mentioned a very High pay package for the posts. So, that was the first point to create doubt in mind.

And the doubt was confirmed when I read the point where they have demanded 11,500 Rs. as a security deposit for interview.

All details were mentioned on Letter Head of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. I immediatley searched on google about the same and found that lots of complaints were already registered on different websites and surprisingly I got the same news from my few of friends that they have got Job Offer from the MSIL. I said them make alert to all.

The all details were taken from our profiles made on differnt job portals.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhi

Originally posted by : ....N.B....

Thanks for sharing ur experience........
Originally posted by : CA Aditya Modi

thanks for sharing.....
Originally posted by : CA Aditya Modi

thanks for sharing.....

sir i idonot understand how can this use our details and said that i take a loan.i think for loan some papers are submitted by ours

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details