Doing CA from science stream

PuneetJain (Student) (32 Points)

25 August 2015  

Note: It is my personal experience of reaching till Ca final from Science stream...i have given very simple ,friendly and homely language for the better and heartly understanding of my fellow students.

My name is Puneet Jain,my age is 20...I belongs to Agra city..and I am now doing my CA Final Articleship From Sharma goel & co LLP having registered office in Hauzkhas and working office in Sector-8-Noida.It is midsized audit firm.

I am a Normal student who scored 93.1% in class X and 88% in class XII from Science Stream...I was a normal student of PCM (Physics chemistry Mathematics) with physical education and english as additional subjects.

My aim just like normal PCM student was to become Engineer,but I have business background in my family,no one in my entire family is doing any job or engineering, i was wanting to crack IIT-JEE exams so i joined IIT-Coachings in class XI...and prepared till one year...my father never wanted me to become an engineer either it is IIT or normal.

All science students know that IIT examination is not a easy exam to be cracked by anyone.,but i was intelligent enough to crack this exam..(my teacher expected this from me and i knew myself) but due to family pressure and extreme study pressure lead me to demotivation and stress, i was isolated from whole world for the sake of study.,i became too serious..so i decided to leave IIT preparation and so i joined class 12 as normal science student and started coming to school regularly...some how i cleared my class XII...when i was studying in class XII., i could not think that i will be doing CA after XII..and one day I will be in Ca final.this thing still amaze me,so when i was going to give Chemistry Final board exam,2 day before the exam my father suggested me to do Ca,i was bit shocked as what he is saying but he said.,it was like killing myself..because i alway have dreamt as engineer...so it was like attack on my body and soul and totally unexpected this was,i pursued him that this is impossible...but he said u can become ca as u have experience of bearing the pressure of IIT in whole class XI so u know how much complex things be,u r intelligent on other side also (not so much).,but u can become Ca.

I was just wondering what he is saying.,we decided to go to our Business Chartered Accountant..he motivated me and explained Ca study Framework and in such a way that anyone will start studying in the world..so i got little.,when he showed me CPT question pattern..it was appearing very easy especially mathematics question which i could crack even in my mind.,so i wondered that i can atleast Crack this CPT EXAM..then what could happen.,After giving exam of science stream.,I became student of Commerce Stream.,that was the month of april. date was 4 april 2013.,i started going to his coaching...in april and may i completed my entire CPT syllabus from coaching 15 days were left in month of june for my exams at 16 june 2015,so i left focus on coaching study(i went to coaching daily),,,and started preparing myself..in the home.,i gave online cpt tests from ICAI website..and gave my exam.

I Scored 143 marks in CPT from Science Stream in first june attempt,it was very surprising even to me.,as i scored even more than my friends which belong to commerce stream and some even were toppers.,so it was very surprising achievement for me..but when i knew about IPCC...my special feeling went ,as i find that cpt is just a trap for students..and cpt is also not a big fish..but still it is entrance exam so it must be cleared,I was having objectve knowledge of accounts at that time...i was studying with those student who had gave accounts written exam more than 20 times in there 11th & 12th ,and i was not having written knowledge of account...due to such reasons ,

I decided that i will be giving Ca IPCC exam in NOV 2014,and i will leave may 2014 attempt ..so to make myself comfortable in field of commerce and equivalent of other commerce students...this was the one reason.,and other reason was that i was about to give bcom-I year exam in april 2014..which was my first written exam of commerce side,i felt myself much pressurised..so this was the other reason..third reason was i initially joined coaching which was not at that satisfaction and easiness of myself...and the teacher demotivated me to. (may be it was my mistake)...but i was feeling isolated from other students who were joining and watching satellite classes..these things lead me to leave the coaching and again started studying in new way which i wanted.,of course my father shouted at me for the waste of money and time ,but that was the only option,i then joined satellite classes in month of October 2013-July2014.In these 10 month i completed my coaching classes of both group,i gave nov-14 attempt in which i expected that i will clear 1st group but will not be able to clear second group,same thing happened on the announcement of result on 4 feb 2015.

My first group was clear and second group was left due to only and only IT/SM..I was happy and Sad same time...that i achieved something and this clearing of first group ..gave me enough energy for giving second group exam again,i was newly energized and did not cared of change in syllabus ,amendments and how will i adjust change...i became enough confident of dealing such things,i did not join any coaching again,,just purchased ICAI study material and practice manual and started studying from only these books.,..i used no other book and coaching class...and when i gave may 2015 attempt...i was not even having fear of bcom-ii year exam,i gave may 15 attempt just after giving B-com-ii year exam.and not only in meantime of february,march and april i completed my ITT training & OP training also .and in this attempt i scored exemption in audit..and passed in all subjects by more than 50 marks...my total was 175 in second group and 236 in first group (nov-14)..I approach for interview at Sharma goel and company LLP in Noida.It is middle sized firm in the city like Delhi..Middle sized firm in city of Delhi means very much.

I came to gave my interview at Auditor's room in (Steel Authority Of India Limited Corporate Office At Lodhinagr,Delhi),i was very much surprised to go to such firm which has statutory audit of SAIL..and not only it has audits of various types in KPMG,India bulls,Cords Cable ,Dell,kalyan jewellers,Ratan India..and Principal under whom i have been registered has experience of 27 years..my firm is mainly audit firm and beside this we have large scale work of Making Due Diligence Reports of Realestate companies in Mumbai and Bangalore.