Does business code 14005 comes under 44ad for itr-4

In the AY-18-19 I have submitted an IT return with ITR-4 because I have some salaried income and some freelancing income. Few days ago I got a notice from CRA that states "As per Section 44AD(6) of the Income Tax Act, 1961, the provisions of Sec.44AD are not applicable to – (1) persons carrying on professions that are referred to in Sec.44AA(1), (2) persons earning income in the nature of commission or brokerage, and (3) persons carrying on any agency business.As seen from the return of income filed, the nature of business code mentioned is which falls in the categories mentioned above. Hence, the provisions of Sec.44AD are not applicable, in your case.". As I am a web developer so I choose "14005-Other IT enabled services" business code for my freelancing income. It will be helpful if I get the information that does business code 14005 comes under 44AD for ITR-4. And what do I do to solve this when I have nothing in "response to notice u/s 139(9)" under the "e-File" section in income tax efilling website.

Replies (3)
As you said you are a web developer, it's a profession and you should file your return u/s 44ADA not 44AD

Ok. I got your point but does business code 14005 comes under 44ADA? Else do I have to change that too? I do not have any thing in "response to notice u/s 139(9)" under the "e-File" section in income tax efilling website. I have got a notice from CRA. How will I change that.

I think you must file revised return u/s 139(5) or you can wait for notice to be updated on the portal

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details